Flowing out of our Mission Statement, Values, and 5-Year Vision are our metrics for measuring our success toward that vision. I am excited that these are qualitative rather than quantitative metrics. We call these our Spiritual Challenge Questions, of which there are 5:
- How are you being changed by Jesus?
- How are you being discipled, and who are you discipling?
- When and where are you experiencing life-giving biblical community?
- Who are the lost people you’re praying for and having Gospel Conversations
- What is breaking your heart in the world, and what are you doing about it?
We’ve been mentioning these in leader gatherings, lunches, podcast, and other communication venues. We have the cards that are easily distributable available for you and your groups:
I’ve been edified by using these challenge questions in my daily devotions and it has helped me frame how I’m discipling a few young men currently. I encourage you to incorporate these questions into your devotions and to sprinkle them into your teaching as they relate. We must continue to equip and encourage our group members to become disciples of Jesus who make disciples with Jesus.
**Reminder – the “Just Like Barnabas” sermon series will begin on October 7. Find the link to the online curriculum here and know that we have about 1000 participant guide books, hardcopy, available for you and your group members here at the Brentwood Campus. Just let your discipleship minister know what you need and he’ll be in touch with us.